The Truth about the "System"
Is our Health Care System Broken? It depends on who you ask. Health care spending has risen over 146% since the inception of the Affordable Care Act. Also consider that Health Care corporate revenue has increased 90% during that same time. And health insurance premiums more than doubled in the first four years of the Act. As a Presidential Candidate, Barack Obama told us that our Health Insurance costs would decrease $2500 under his plan. But as we know, that didn’t happen.
Milliman, the world renown Actuarial firm released a study indicating that due to the pandemic, delaying and avoidance of health care procedures will decrease, payers (health insurance carriers) costs between $75 Billion and $325 Billion. Did you still get an increase on your 01/01/2023 benefits renewal?
The fact is the U.S. Health Care system is not broken. It was made that way to benefit the hospitals, doctors, insurance companies, pharmaceutical companies, and all other entities that receive revenue from the system and do not contribute any value to improving care and reducing cost. As an employer the system is stacked against you. But there are steps you can take to begin to reverse the never-ending Merri-Go-Round of increasing health plan costs. And we can show you how. After spending 40 years on the health insurance carrier side and 40 years on the Hospital/Clinic side of the equation we’ve learned how to beat them at their own games. (Full disclosure: We helped create some of those games.) Whether you have 2, or 2,000 employees we can help you build a long-term strategy that reduces your costs instead of trying to deal the annual increases Invest in a 15-minute conversation with us to learn how.
As an employer who needs to reduce costs and provide SAFE, EFFECTIVE health care to your employees there are a few simple facts about your Employee Health Plan:
1. You are in the health care business - even if involuntarily.
2. Employee Health Care is a Controllable Cost that can be reduced, with the overspend reallocated to other budget priorities
3. Any size Employer can control Health Care Costs utilizing a Supply Chain Management strategy, like you do with other large purchases.
4. ERISA sets standards for ALL employer-sponsored health plans. You have a fiduciary responsibility to protect the safety of plan members and the assets of the plan through transparency. Your current insurance carrier can't help you with this. We can.
5. Whether you employ 2 or 2,000 we can help you. Click below to find out how.